Project Management of Strategic Initiatives
- Management of campus expansion projects for a Boston charter school.
- Program manager for the Commonwealth Workforce Coalition (CWC), an initiative that provides professional development and capacity building programs for workforce development practitioners.
- Project management and program planning for HopeFound (now the Pine Street Inn) in the development and construction of a 32-bed women’s treatment center and expanded administrative operations at the Lemuel Shattuck Hospital.
- Owner’s representative in the development of an expansion plan for a Boston pilot school in collaboration with a community development corporation.
- Interim Administrative Director, Executive Leadership for Educators, Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE). Supported the development of an innovative training program for senior state and district educators with faculty from HGSE, Harvard Business School and the Kennedy School of Government, funded by a $5 million Wallace Foundation grant.
- Interim Executive Director, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Massachusetts Affiliate. Directed Massachusetts affiliate dedicated to reducing breast cancer in the Commonwealth by funding education, screening and treatment programs, with an emphasis on the medically underserved through grassroots fundraising.
- Interim CEO for Greater Boston PFLAG. Provided interim leadership and organization transition support for Boston affiliate of a national organization dedicated to fostering LGBTQ-inclusive families, schools and communities.
- Interim Senior Planner, Medical Academic and Scientific Community Organization, Inc. (MASCO). Managed transportation studies and infrastructure improvements to Boston’s Longwood medical and academic area.
Program Design and Implementation
- Program design for the Massachusetts Community Colleges & Workforce Development Transformation Agenda, an initiative that assisted trade impacted and other eligible residents of the Commonwealth to attain degrees, certificates and industry-recognized credentials.
- Assisted Baltimore nonprofit development and planning organization develop a strategic vision for the revitalization of a Central West Baltimore neighborhood with community stakeholders. The project was funded by a HUD Choice Neighborhoods planning grant.
- Provided program design and technical assistance support to workforce development partnerships funded by SkillWorks, a multiyear initiative to improve workforce development in Boston and across Massachusetts.
- Assessed and designed workforce development component of a Federally-funded program that provides people with substance use disorders wider access to community services to help them start or continue on the road to recovery.
Strategic Planning and Facilitation
- Alosa Foundation
- Boston Groundwater Trust
- Food for Free
- Greater Boston PFLAG
- Make-It Springfield
- Massachusetts Biotechnology Council
- Massachusetts Pharmacists Association
- Massachusetts Workforce Professionals Association
- Mayor’s Office of Jobs and Community Services, City of Boston
- Puppet Showplace Theatre
- Screening for Mental Health
- Thayer Academy
- Workforce Solutions Group
Advocacy and Public Engagement
- Strategic consultant to A Better City, a diverse group of business leaders working to enhance Boston and the region’s economic health, competitiveness, vibrancy, sustainability, and quality of life.
- Coordinator for Our Transportation Future, a coalition of organizations representing business, industry, planning, labor, municipal, and environmental interests who advocated for increased transportation infrastructure investment in Massachusetts.
- Public engagement consultant for City of Boston transportation study.
Program Research, Evaluation and Feasibility Assessment
- Researched health care workforce development initiatives in Detroit, Michigan for a national foundation.
- Conducted feasibility study for a TBI/PTSD assisted living facility for returning soldiers in Richmond, Virginia.
- Evaluated higher education faculty home purchase assistance program models for a nonprofit organization of medical and academic institutions.
- Authored report on employers’ experience with workforce development programs based on executive interviews for a workforce development public policy organization.
- Conducted an evaluation of the Massachusetts Community Investment Tax Credit program for the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations, Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development and LISC Boston.