STRATEGIC PLANNING AND FACILITATION
We work with organizations to develop strategic plans tailored to an organizations’ culture. Our goal is to achieve immediate and long-term objectives. These plans are actionable; they provide the entire organization with a tactical road map. Critical to the strategic planning process is the facilitation of conversations among multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to an organization. These conversations allow an organization to draw insights from a variety of perspectives and identify challenges and new opportunities grounded in data. We also provide stand-alone facilitation services; with a thorough understanding of your goals, we design sessions that maximize input and produce results.
- Strategic planning for a food recovery organization that creates distribution channels to underserved populations. Our data analysis provided a comprehensive picture of the demographics of the organization’s core constituencies which informed service deployment.
- Facilitating organizational planning for national behavioral health organization resulting in realignment of key department functions.
- Planning and facilitating an all-staff strategy retreat for a statewide biotech association resulting in new department objectives and metrics and enhanced collaboration among senior management team.
- Comprehensive, strategic planning process for a municipal public library including public meetings, the development of an online survey, and constituent demographic analysis allowing for a direct response to the needs of a culturally rich and diverse community and emphasizing the library’s emerging role as a center of civic activity.
- Led strategic efforts to transition a pilot makerspace initiative into a self-sustaining organization. Our work included an organizational assessment, patron demographic analysis, facility and cost analysis, focus groups, benchmarking, interviews, public engagement, and feedback.
We work with organizations to bring their ideas to fruition by supporting the planning and design of strategic initiatives.
- Program design for the Massachusetts Community Colleges & Workforce Development Transformation Agenda, an initiative that assisted trade-impacted and other eligible residents of the Commonwealth in attaining degrees, certificates, and industry-recognized credentials.
- Assisting Baltimore nonprofit development and planning organization and community stakeholders develop a strategic vision for the revitalization of a low-income West Baltimore neighborhood. The project was funded by a HUD Choice Neighborhoods planning grant.
- Program design and technical assistance for workforce development partnerships funded by SkillWorks, a philanthropic partnership for improving workforce development in Massachusetts.
- Assessment and redesign of workforce development component of a federally funded program that provides people with substance use disorders wider access to community services to assist them in their recovery.
- Providing organizational capacity building counsel and technical assistance to a community partnership whose goal was to activate concentrations of publicly owned land in Detroit, MI for generative infrastructure including energy, water, food production, waste, and distribution of solar power through an energy cooperative.
Evaluation and Feasibility Assessment
We evaluate existing projects and programs and recommend tactical changes aimed at greater results.
- Evaluation of a statewide tax credit program for community development corporations across Massachusetts.
- Research of health care workforce development initiatives in Detroit, MI for a national foundation.
- Conducting feasibility assessment for a TBI/PTSD assisted living facility in Richmond, VA for returning soldiers.
- Evaluation of higher education faculty home purchase assistance program models for a nonprofit organization of medical and academic institutions.
- Authoring of report on employers’ experience with workforce development programs based on executive interviews for a workforce development public policy organization.
At times, organizations need the expertise and added capacity to manage and oversee project delivery. Whether the launch of a new program or a facilities/campus expansion, we add depth and expertise to your team.
- Management of campus expansion projects for a Boston charter school.
- Overseeing statewide initiative providing professional development and capacity building programs for workforce development practitioners.
- Project management and program planning for a 32-bed women’s treatment center and expanded administrative operations for a homeless service provider.
- Functioning as owner’s representative in developing an expansion plan for a Boston pilot school in collaboration with a community development corporation.
- HR department reorganization planning, coordination and implementation for a charter school.
Advisor to Senior Leaders and Boards of Directors
Senior leaders often need a sounding board to think through specific issues, develop a strategy, restructure a department or function, consider partnerships and collaborations, or develop their board. We are here to help with confidential consultations.
- An executive director evaluating if her current department and staffing model should be reorganized in light of new organizational priorities.
- A board chair seeking strategies to maximize meeting productivity and board member engagement.
- A department head charged with developing a business plan to support a pilot initiative.
- The head of a professional association planning a reorganization of their membership services delivery model.
- A foundation program officer contemplating the design and implementation of a new program initiative.